It’s important to present information clearly for users.
Aim for the following statistics:
- an average sentence length of 12 words
- Flesch-Kincaid reading ease score of 60 and over
The Flesch-Kincaid score tells you how easily understandable text is to read. If the score is high, the sentence is more readable. To find this in Microsoft Word, see the instructions below.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click ‘Word Options’.
- Click ‘Proofing’.
- Make sure ‘Check grammar with spelling’ is selected.
- Under ‘When correcting grammar in Word’, select the ‘Show readability statistics’ check box.