Diagrams are graphics that can help explain information or enhance understanding. They are especially helpful for people who find reading difficult or those who are visual thinkers. Diagrams can include:
- process maps
A clear text description structured with headings and subheadings is the preferred method to use to explain information and communicate processes. We recommend trying this before using a diagram as it means that:
- the majority of users can understand the content
- the content is accessible to more users
- search engines can read the text and display in search results
- the content can be easily updated
- users can zoom and alter the size of text for readability without it becoming pixelated
If you want to help your users visualise a complex process that links off in many directions, the use of a diagram can be considered.
If you are thinking about using a diagram, contact email@example.com at the earliest opportunity and we can consider the options and advise on the best solution.